LET'S GO

Thursday 21 March 2013

Okay so the people who are reading this blog as of today (March 21, 2013) will be people that know basically everything I am about to write. Whenever I found a new blog I love I trawl all the way back to the very first posts. I love reading the little "About Me" posts that everyone seems to do in the beginning. Ignoring every warning my mother ever said about social networking, this blog will see me laying it all on the table. Well, maybe not ALL of it. But you get the picture. 

So where to start? I am Elizabeth. Please call me Liz. I hate the sound of Liz and the way it looks on paper, but it's me. It's what people started calling me in high school, its what my friends call me, and what all my kids call me (I'll get to that). So I am Liz. My pen name is CHEAPMILKSHAKES, a name that comes all the way from my teenage glory days when I sifted through scene girl buzznets and came across a very random video. I don't love it as much as I used to, nor does it seem as remotely clever as it did when my teenage angsty fingers tapped it away on my keyboard. Groan. How embarrassing. But it has kind of stuck.

Seven days ago I married the Batman. The Batman chooses to remain the masked avenger due to his hideously embarrassing birth name (couldn’t be further from the truth) but also due to the fact that here in little old Sydneytown he appears on mainstream media and has contracts and what not to honour. I met my superhero either in late 2006. I was just 18 and he was a ruggedly aged 20. God, we were so young!! It's a bit of a love at first sight story, in fact, here is a little something I whipped up for our wedding programs that pretty much covers it all.



Fortunately for all y'all our first kiss was captured on camera! It was a more magical moment than the photo let's on, I swear. See the hair elastic tied twice around my ring finger? He asked me to wear it all night long so that we could pretend that he was mine and I was his for just one night. I kind of love him!



A few more recent photos of us.










We live a lovely little life in Sydney, have two little bunnies, and play video games. Giddyup.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SIXTEEN THREE THIRTEEN All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger